Monday, July 28, 2008

Yeppers I'm Preggers

So yeah, I have been totally MIA from blogs recently. I am about 11 weeks prenant and totally feeling every minute of it! I wish I knew that it was humanly possible to be so sick BEFORE I got pregnant. I might have thought about things a little more!

I have wanted to be pregnant for a long time and was relieved that I got pregnant fairly quickly...less then a year and that is pretty darn good. Well, considering that I am almost 30 and I have a medical issue that could have made it take a lot longer.

My body is changing like crazy. My boobs are getting huge and they are heavy. Talk about uncomfortable. I have already gone up a bra size and I am months away from needing milk. WTF?

I get tired like crazy. I can go to sleep mat 8 or 8:30 at night and wake up 10-12 hours later. I have always liked my sleep but this is insanity.

Lets not forget the puking. I have barfed so much that I no longer cry when I do so. I used to hate and fear barfing so much I cried every time. Now at least I feel better after getting it out. The alternative is hours of nausea. This is with the prescribed anti-nausea meds. The prenatal vitamins are a blast. They contribute and I believe at this point are a majority of the reason that I puke so much. I have almost been hospitalized for dehydration from the puking. This weekend I took the vitamins without eating a full meal and did so before bedtime trying to see if it would be better then taking them in the morning. NOPE. I woke up and barely made it to the bathroom and then puked up blood. The vitamins are tearing up my stomach lining. I am looking forward to the time that I can enjoy this pregnant but I am starting to believe it will be more like enjoying the baby when it comes. I don't think that there will be any enjoying these 9 months!

So this is a warning to all those that want children. Everyone says that it is worth it and I believe that it will be, but no one ever wants to talk about the pain that is pregnancy. I think that it is kept a secret from potential mothers and I don't like secrets! I would much rather know that it will be a worth while hell so that at least I know that what I am going through is normal! I'm afraid if I call my DR's again they will fire me as a patient!!!

4 comments:

EJ said...

awww, I hope you feel better :(

**Liz** said...

Congrats! You don't want to get me started on pregnancy issues, because I could tell you horror stories from when I had my children.

I do think that the good outweighs the bad and I hope your pregnancy gets better.

KBear said...

I'm new to your blog.

first, congrats. you're about a week ahead of me, I'm going into my 10th week:)

I haven't thrown up much, but the nausea is killing me. I haven't gone up a bra size yet, but I can't go without one, cause they're so heavy they hurt.

Someone suggested to me that I start buying the nursing bras now and wear them ( I have, no one can tell the difference) and it saves you money not having to buy another bra size every time you increase. then you have the nursing bras for later as well. I wear a sports bra to bed. helps A LOT.

If you have trouble sleeping at night (sore or whatnot) I suggest you buy a snoogle pillow. you can get them at toys r us, and it's a body pillow in the shape of a C that wraps around your whole body. It helps with hips, and then your belly when you get bigger.

hopefully you only have a few more weeks of the sickness crap and it will go away. that's what I'm hoping for!

KBear said...

actually, maybe I should read dates on things before I comment:)

I got mixed up for some reason, but went with it. A few posts back (I think actually when I first mentioned on my blog I was preggers) you told me how far along you were, then I read your blog just now, and didn't read the date. You're farther along than I am about a month:)

hope the morning sickness has passed, and forgive me for being a tool, cause well, I'm blonde, preggers and sick and it's hard to keep up:)